Bugs with IE 7 & IE 8 with Flash! Please Help

14 years 11 months ago #4370 by Saka
Well IE is extremely hard to debug and it behaves strange and not following standards. I did my best to optimize for all browsers but this issue with flash can be anything. I'm afraid I can't give you any clues. Best to send all access info on mail and I will have a look and try to find the problem when I get some time. Again it can be very difficult, IE is a hell and you really should test with free trial before the purchase, especially if you have a site with different other features like flash or other javascript libraries.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #4371 by eclipsemedia
I felt this was the best product out there and had no problem paying for it. As a developer I understand the frustration with IE. If only we all lived in FireFox world with correct standards. This is a very important project and I am willing to pay to have this glitch fixed. What do you need?

14 years 11 months ago #4372 by Saka
As I already said: send all access info (FTP and admin pass) on mail and I will have a look when I get some time.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #4373 by eclipsemedia
Hey I fixed the issue!   I was here for 6 hours pulling my hair out. I found the solution. And I may suggest adding this to the help file for future sales. I seen other have issues but I stumbled on a lead which works. This also fixed the fadeout problem in IE.

I seen before how DocType can make IE behave wierd and sure enough it has here.

I now use this Doctype
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

The old one was this and should not be used! Its default with Dreamweaver thats why I had it.
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
It didn't specify HTML 4.01 which was the problem.

I hope this is useful for others and thanks again for an awesome product. Now I can go home.

Oh the site I found this info was at
typo3.org/documentation/document-library...mbox/3.1.0/view/1/7/

14 years 11 months ago #4374 by eclipsemedia
BTW great product and I know your busy Saka. For 20 bucks, what would I expect. Can't live on nothing.

14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #4375 by eclipsemedia
This is odd. It works on IE 8 but not 7. At least I'm on to something.

Update it works on version IE 6 as well. Only Version 7 doesn't errrrr

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch